Bath Quays South
The delivery of Bath Quays South is a key component of Bath And North East Somerset’s (BANES) ambition to create a new business quarter for Bath. Penoyre & Prasad were appointed in early May 2016 to design a mixed use scheme for this prominent site in Central Bath on a bend in the river Avon, which had been derelict for a number of years.
We submitted a hybrid planning application including Listed Building consent within five months, for a contemporary design that included:
- New Grade A office building at 5,000m2 (54,000sqft)
- Sensitive conversion of Grade II listed Newark Works Buildings to provide a 4,530m2 innovation and digital campus providing workspace for creative industries
- Outline planning for two mixed use residential buildings/with ground floor riverside retail spaces of up to 5,027m2
- Semi-basement car park and service spaces
- New public realm including flood defence and river walls, new public spaces and landscaping.
The scheme achieved planning approval in April 2017 for what is the most significant development in Central Bath for decades.